Pages

Tower 1

Tower 1
Tower 1: Main tower supporting 50MHz 6M2WLC yagi, 14MHz 5 element yagi and 75m full wave loop.
Please note that all times are in UTC. As such comments relate to the next morning/day AEST unless otherwise stated.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

I have had little time to be in the shack the last two months... assisting in nursing my mother in palliative care, caring for my elderly father and now arranging for my mothers funeral.

Yet, over the past week and on days I have been situated in a hospital, I was made aware that someone (information obtained to date indicates a VK resident) has chosen to impersonate myself, and also Remi FK8CP by making false, misleading and defamatory posts on the DX Summit under our respective call signs.

I have made Remi FK8CP aware that the comments made that were represented as coming from me were in fact maliciously created.

Whilst this behavior is in its own right deplorable, their actions are also illegal and as investigations continue to uncover their identity, if it proves to be a prior offender (as this hasn't been the first occurrence), I will be pursued them for defamation.

If you are aware of the person involved, suggest to them that they need to seriously reconsider their actions. It would also serve them well to reconsider their right to continue to hold a amateur radio license - as the behavior is not consistent with the privilege bestowed.

No comments:

Post a Comment