Pages

Tower 1

Tower 1
Tower 1: Main tower supporting 50MHz 6M2WLC yagi, 14MHz 5 element yagi and 75m full wave loop.
Please note that all times are in UTC. As such comments relate to the next morning/day AEST unless otherwise stated.

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Made a big decision today.... and am now 'active' on WSPR!

I know Brad VK2QO will now look at me in a different light, but given so many radio amateurs are WSPRing every day I just had to try it for my self.

Initial thoughts.... software was very easy to set-up. Within a few minutes of it being loaded I had received my first WSPR signals, and soon after that I was linked to the WSPR Net and I could see who was hearing me and who I'd heard.


So, will I continue with it.... maybe! It certainly doesn't leave you with the thrill of operating and 'cracking' a new one through a huge EU pile-up, but the idea of running WSPR when at otherwise busy or at QRL does hold some appeal!

No comments:

Post a Comment